Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fresh Content


Have you noticed how difficult it is to find unique content online? We have tons of news aggregators and sharing tools, but when you really look at the offerings, everyone is sharing and reposting the same stuff. Even the local news seems to be surfing the same sites I am for stories and information. I read something on Popurls.com in the morning, then hear about it again on the 5 o'clock news. Not only that, but I'm seeing the feeds for Tech Crunch and Mashable in multiple places. It's information overload.

It's never been more obvious to me that content is king. If you can actually become a news producer, or contribute unique content on a regular basis, you have a very good chance of gaining traction with a blog, website, or social media strategy. Now that I'm on Google Buzz, I feel like I finally have a way to market the content, but my biggest issue is how to find interesting and unique things to blog about.

Are you having problems coming up with ideas for your weekly blog? Any tips or tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment